Many of the patients that I see suffer from Celiac Disease, which is an allergy to gluten. I have started to modify some of my families favorite recipes so that my Celiac and Gluten allergic patients can enjoy them also. This is my first recipe blog entry.
We love banana bread in our house. Growing up we would make banana bread, especially around the holidays. I would use the ripest bananas, right before your would toss them in the garbage. They are perfect for baking when they are almost all black and super ripe. We would package up the banana bread we baked and give them as gifts to neighbors. Here is a Gluten Free-Dairy Free version.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Banana Bread
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time : 50 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 3-5 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free flour mix ( be careful to not pack flour in measuring cups and level off)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp xanthum gum
- chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bottom only of loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and oil. Now add eggs, bananas, applesauce and vanilla to sugar mixture. Blend well.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and anthem gum. Add nuts, if desired. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pan to completely cool.
#KidsTummyTroubles #Celiac #Glutenfree #Glutendairyfree #glutenfreeliving #recipes #bananabread #kidapproved #glutendairyfreebananabread