I am always trying to find ways to get fruits and veggies into my kids diets. When my oldest daughter was 2 yo she would constantly drink my husbands smoothies. After that we started making them at home instead of buying them and I would sneak in a veggie with the fruits. Carrots, kale, spinach work great in smoothies and when mixed with other items my kids didn’t even notice they were in there. They also loved being a part of making the smoothie and loved adding in the milk and fruit. This is one of our favorites. You can substitute the Kale for carrots if you prefer. Also start with adding a little Kale at a time. Kale tends to turn the smoothies very green which can be good or bad for certain kids. 😉 Hope you enjoy it and let your kids help out in the kitchen. They love to help even with the little things. When they are engaged in the prep they are much more likely to try out new foods and recipes.
Pineapple, Strawberry, Kale and Passion Fruit Smoothie
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 fresh pineapple, hulled and cut in pieces
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries
- 2 passion fruits, halved and seeds scooped out
- 1/2 cup kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Serve and enjoy immediately.