I can not tell a lie. My kids prefer to eat the typical toddler foods. They love pizza, hot dogs, french fries and chicken nuggets. I had to spend ALOT of time to find a recipe for chicken nuggets that taste as good as their favorite frozen nuggets. I played around and came up with a recipe that my kids love and that is also gluten and dairy free, YAY! Hope you like it and let me know what you think.
Coconut Breaded Chicken Nuggets
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
- 1.5 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour mixture (may use recipe provided for Gluten free flour or coconut or almond flour)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut ( I get it from Whole Foods Markets)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper ( may substitute with regular back pepper if not available)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- Wash and cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Mix all dry ingredients together and place in a large zip-lock bag.
- Beat the egg in a medium bowl.
- Add chicken to egg mixture and coat all chicken pieces with egg.
- Add chicken and egg mixture to the dry ingredients in bag and close. Gently shake the bag to coat all chicken pieces with flour mixture.
- Heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken to pan.
- Keep moving chicken in pan until it is cooked through to a golden brown. May need to add more coconut oil to pan as the chicken soaks up the oil. However do not place too much oil as it will make chicken soggy and won’t allow them to brown.
- Allow to cool and serve.
Sophia gives this a THUMBS UP!! Let me know what your family thinks!!
#KidsTummyTroubles #GlutenFree #Celiac #Glutenfreeliving #GlutenfreeCoconutchickennuggets #Kidapproved