Breakfast is always a rushed endeavor on weekdays but when I have time on the weekends I love making something that is yummy and doesn’t make me feel bad giving to my kids. This recipe is a favorite. It is loaded with strawberries and bananas. You use your favorite bread (this recipe is with gluten free bread) and the almond milk makes it dairy free also.
Strawberry – Banana French Toast Casserole
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
(Adapted from Jeanette Chen’s Jeanette’s Healthy Living.)
- 4 slices of your favorite gluten free bread, crusts trimmed, cut into cubes
- 1 banana, mashed
- 6 strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- maple syrup for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a small baking dish or individual ramekins with cooking spray. Place cubed bread into baking dish or ramekins.
- Mix mashed bananas, strawberries, milk, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla together in a medium bowl.
- Pour mixture over bread cubes and toss gently until bread is evenly coated.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Top should be golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with maple syrup.
#KidsTummyTroubles #Glutenfree #Glutendairyfree #Celiac #Recipes