This recipe is great to be used as a meal for dinner or sometimes I use it as an appetizer for everyone to enjoy with toothpicks. It is super easy and you just toss everything in the crockpot and your prep is done. The sweetness added with the pineapples are always a hit with the kids. There are also many options for Gluten Free Frozen meatballs if you want to cut down on your prep time. Farmrich has frozen turkey and original meatballs that are gluten free, however if you want to ensure this is also dairy free I recommend prepping the meatballs yourself.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free Crockpot Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 hours
Yield: 4-5 servings
- 28 ounce package of frozen meatballs (gluten free, dairy free) or make your favorite meatballs into cocktail size balls
- 15 ounce can of pineapple tidbits, drained and reserve juice
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup ketchup (I prefer Simply Heinz due to no added High Fructose Corn Syrup)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsps cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Gluten Free grape jam
- 2 tablespoons Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Place meatballs in crockpot.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, mix and pour over meatballs
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with brown rice or your favorite Gluten Free pasta.
#KidsTummyTroubles #GlutenFree #Celiac #Glutendairyfree #Crockpot