In the hot summer weather I began experimenting with ice cream recipes. My girls love ice cream and always wanted to go to the local town ice cream shoppe. There were a few issues with that. I didn’t want them constantly eating all that ice cream, I didn’t want to keep spending money on it and my own will power can only last for so long!! Then finally I found a few recipes on pinterest and modified them removing the heavy cream they called for and not adding the sugar. This recipe doesn’t make me feel guilty making it for them. And they love eating it!
Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
Prep Time: Overnight
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 ripe bananas- frozen
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Nutella (this is gluten free not dairy free) or other chocolate hazelnut spread
- Freeze bananas overnight.
- Add all ingredients to blender or food processor, blend until creamy. (Hint: You may need to use a spatula to bring ingredients down towards blades. Do this while processor is OFF.)
- Serve and enjoy immediately. This is not meant to be prepared ahead or frozen.
#KidsTummyTroubles #Celiac #GlutenFree #GlutenFreeliving #nutellaicecream