This weekend was beautiful. We are finally done with the 90 degree weather and it’s starting to feel like Fall! So of course that put me in the mood to start decorating. I pulled out all my Halloween and Fall decor. The girls had a blast putting the clings on the windows and helping me put out the decorations on the table. I tend to keep my decorating on the kid friendly side still. Big, bright colors and happy looking figures. Can’t wait til the girls get older and we can go a bit more scary but for now they love it.
Once Autumn comes around I also start thinking of all the great things I can make with pumpkin. I have tried many different sauces to go with my favorite fall dishes. Many of them include a brown butter sage sauce. This however is definitely not great for cholesterol with the large amounts of butter they typically call for. This recipe I love uses pumpkin puree and coconut oil. It is delicious over your pasta of choice, whether it’s spaghetti or your favorite seasonal ravioli. And this recipe is Dairy & Gluten free!!
Creamy Pumpkin & Sage Pasta
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 – 15 oz can of pumpkin puree or 1 3/4 cup fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1.5 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped finely
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound of your favorite gluten free pasta
- Melt the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onions until they begin to turn translucent, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and place onion and garlic mixture in a high speed blender. Add the pumpkin puree, almond milk, sage, pepper and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions, drain and return pasta to pot.
- Add the pumpkin sauce and stir well over medium heat until hot.
- Serve immediately.
#KidsTummyTroubles #GlutenFree #Celiac #GlutenFreeLiving #Glutendairyfree #Recipes