Honestly, if my kids will eat something then it has to be good because they are the pickiest eaters EVER!! A few posts ago I wrote about my Instant Pot. So here is a dish I made that the whole family will absolutely love and that you can easily add into your weekly dinner routine. You can vary the spice level by adding more red pepper flakes and smoked paprika at the current amounts it has great flavor but not too much of a kick so safe for the kids.
What I also do with this recipe is make double the portion of the sauce and freeze the chicken thighs and the sauce in a ziplock bag and stick it in the freezer. I pull it out and just have to put it in my Instant Pot and you are good to go.
Oh and of course it is Gluten Free, Dairy Free. Serve with your favorite sides and veggies. I serve it with brown rice and veggies. This sauce is yummy on top of the rice!
Easy Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs ( fresh or forzen)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- chicken stock concentrate
- 1/4 c water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp fresh crushed or minced garlic
- Set the Instant Pot to saute and add olive oil. Let it heat until oil shimmers then add chicken thighs to pot. Brown on each side for 3 minutes. Don’t overcrowd make sure each thigh contacts the bottom, depending on size of your chicken thighs you may need to do this step in two batches.
- While chicken is browning chop onion and garlic and set aside.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients. add garlic to sauce and mix.
- Scatter the onions over the chicken in the Instant Pot and cover with sauce.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual mode- high pressure. Adjust time to 25 minutes, make your sure Instant Pot is in sealing mode.
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and lightly spray with nonstick spray or coat with olive oil, set Broiler to high.
- When chicken is done, switch steam release handle to venting. Once pressure is released, take lid off. Carefully move chicken with tongs to sheet pan ( the chicken will be very tender and falling apart). Place under broiler for 3 minutes per side.
- While chicken is browning, switch pot back to saute mode to reduce and thicken sauce. Pour the thickened sauce over the chicken and serve with your favorite sides.
Enjoy!! Stay health and Be well.
#kidstummytroubles #GlutenFree #InstantPot #celiac