Breakfast is always a rushed endeavor on weekdays but when I have time on the weekends I love making something that is yummy and doesn’t make me feel bad giving to my kids. This recipe is a favorite. It is loaded with strawberries and bananas. You use your favorite bread (this recipe is with gluten free bread) and the almond milk makes it dairy free also.
Strawberry – Banana French Toast Casserole
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
(Adapted from Jeanette Chen’s Jeanette’s Healthy Living.)
- 4 slices of your favorite gluten free bread, crusts trimmed, cut into cubes
- 1 banana, mashed
- 6 strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- maple syrup for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a small baking dish or individual ramekins with cooking spray. Place cubed bread into baking dish or ramekins.
- Mix mashed bananas, strawberries, milk, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla together in a medium bowl.
- Pour mixture over bread cubes and toss gently until bread is evenly coated.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Top should be golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with maple syrup.
#KidsTummyTroubles #Glutenfree #Glutendairyfree #Celiac #Recipes
In the summer I am always looking for a different option besides juice boxes for my kids. This is a great option and the kids love to help make it with me. And I notice when they help me make the recipes they are more likely to try new things because they are so proud of their work.
I have also used this recipe for brunches. For the adults it is delicious if you add champagne to change this into a Strawberry Lemonade Mimosa, you can add Moscato wine for a delicious wine spritzer or just Vodka for a delicious cocktail. Relax and enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- I bottle (59 oz) of Simply Pink Lemonade or plain Simply Lemonade
- 1 pint of strawberries, cut and hulled.
- 1 lemon
- Agave nectar or simple syrup (1 cup sugar with 1 cup water boiled until dissolved and cooled) for sweetening
- In a magic bullet or blender fill with strawberries and add Simply Lemonade about 3/4 way up and blend.
- Repeat step 1 until all strawberries are blended.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into blended mixture
- May sweeten as desired with agave nectar or simple syrup if agave not available.
*If a frozen lemonade is desired freeze strawberries night before preparing and use the frozen strawberries in above recipe, serve immediately.
#KidsTummyTroubles #Celiac #Glutenfree #Glutendairyfree #Glutenfreeliving #recipes
I can not tell a lie. My kids prefer to eat the typical toddler foods. They love pizza, hot dogs, french fries and chicken nuggets. I had to spend ALOT of time to find a recipe for chicken nuggets that taste as good as their favorite frozen nuggets. I played around and came up with a recipe that my kids love and that is also gluten and dairy free, YAY! Hope you like it and let me know what you think.
Coconut Breaded Chicken Nuggets
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
- 1.5 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour mixture (may use recipe provided for Gluten free flour or coconut or almond flour)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut ( I get it from Whole Foods Markets)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper ( may substitute with regular back pepper if not available)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- Wash and cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Mix all dry ingredients together and place in a large zip-lock bag.
- Beat the egg in a medium bowl.
- Add chicken to egg mixture and coat all chicken pieces with egg.
- Add chicken and egg mixture to the dry ingredients in bag and close. Gently shake the bag to coat all chicken pieces with flour mixture.
- Heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken to pan.
- Keep moving chicken in pan until it is cooked through to a golden brown. May need to add more coconut oil to pan as the chicken soaks up the oil. However do not place too much oil as it will make chicken soggy and won’t allow them to brown.
- Allow to cool and serve.
Sophia gives this a THUMBS UP!! Let me know what your family thinks!!
#KidsTummyTroubles #GlutenFree #Celiac #Glutenfreeliving #GlutenfreeCoconutchickennuggets #Kidapproved
So I wanted to share with you a new product that we started drinking in our house. Its called Fairlife milk. My kids love drinking it and it keeps mommy and daddy happy knowing how transparent they are with their methods of filtration and dairy farming.
Directly from their website they describe their product better than I can. “.. ultra-filtered milk flows through soft filters to concentrate milk’s goodness, like protein and calcium, and filter out the sugars. That allows us to bottle only delicious, nutrient-rich ultra-filtered milk – no protein powders necessary. Fairlife® is ultra-filtered for more natural protein and calcium that comes directly from our milk. The protein found in milk is an excellent source of energy and vitality to get you through your busy day. Calcium helps keep your bones strong. And with less sugar and no lactose, it’s a fresh source of simple nutrition you can feel good about.”
This product has more protein and less sugar than other milk products and is lactose free. It has 50% more protein, 30% more calcium and 50% less sugar than ordinary milk, which definitely makes me smile, especially with a picky eater at home any extra nutrition source part of their every day diet is great. They maintain their cows on dairy farms that pride themselves on finding innovative, sustainable farming practices. They are using every resource from the farm to put back into the farm, which includes creating a biofuel that is created from the cow “poop” and then convert it into fuel to run their trucks and machinery and so much more.
It makes me happy to pick a product that is doing things the right way. I hope you give this product a trial and let me know what you think!!
#KidsTummyTroubles #Fairlife #BelieveinBetter