It’s been a busy week with getting the girls ready for school. They are in 2 different schools this year and surprisingly my older one is more upset about it than my baby. She said she is going to miss seeing her in the hallways at school. By the way they are only in Pre-K and Second Grade. But I love that they are so close and that my older one feels protective over her. We went back to school last week and then had our last summer weekend to enjoy. So this weekend we wanted it to be the perfect summer weekend. We had a pool day. The girls had a blast jumping in the pool over and over again.
After the pool they basked in the sun to dry off in the company of the family dog. It looks like they were conspiring something, not sure what but definitely deep in conversation.
The next day we were invited to a Labor Day BBQ but not until the late afternoon. My BIG MISTAKE, which I am sure every mom has done is that I actually told my children about these plans. They were bothering me about it from the second they woke up!! They couldn’t wait to get there to play with their friends. But we had to wait until after lunch. This is when I realized my kids were a captive audience so I decided to try out a new recipe for breakfast for the family.
The girls are “Pizza Lovers” so who wouldn’t love Pizza for breakfast. My girls consider pizza its own food group so just calling this pizza to them makes it enticing. This recipe is Gluten Free. To make it Dairy Free substitute milk for Almond Milk and omit the cheese at the end. This recipe is easy to make, not time consuming and delicious.
Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pizza
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, grated or finely minced
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk (may use almond milk if desired)
- 6 oz gluten free bacon, cooked and crumbled (select a gluten free brand such as Jones or Applegate Farms)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese, mozzarella and cheddar (shred your own to ensure no wheat ingredients are added to prevent caking; omit completely if desire a Dairy Free recipe)
- Potato Pizza Crust (recipe to follow)
- Cook the onions in a lightly oiled skillet over medium heat till translucent. Add garlic and decrease to low heat for 30-45 seconds. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Combine the eggs and milk and beat. Add to the skillet. Cook until eggs are just set, stirring occasionally. Add the crumbled bacon and add in the onion and garlic back to the eggs. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture onto the previously prepare Pizza Crust and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400 degrees F until the cheese is melted for approximately 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
#KidsTummyTroubles #GlutenFree #celiac #Glutenfreeliving #Glutenfreepizza